Helloworld Travel Email Promotion Terms and Conditions - Game of Skill
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms and conditions. If there is any conflict between these terms and conditions and any other published material, these terms and conditions are to prevail. Entry into the promotion constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Skiddoo Pty Ltd (ABN 22 141 736 094) of Level 10, 338 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000 (Promoter). The Prize Suppliers (Sponsor) are Philippine Airlines, Inc. (PAL) (ABN 85 007 501 082).
3. The promotion commences at 9am AEDT on Monday, 20 August 2018 and closes at 23:59pm AEDT on Thursday, 20 September 2018 (Promotion Period).
4. Unless otherwise stated all references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales on the date stated.
Eligibility To Enter
5. Entry is open only to Australian residents over the age of 18 (Eligible Entrants)
6. Director, managements, employees and contractors (including their immediate families) of the Promoter, franchisees, agencies and suppliers associated with the promotion and each of their related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter.
Entry Into The Promotion
7. To enter, subscribe to our Skiddoo newsletter, then tag @Skiddoo and two or more friends in a Facebook or Instagram post of 30 words or less describing your dream vacation in London. You may also include visual media within your Facebook or Instagram post in addition to your description but this is not required. @Skiddoo, @Skiddootravel and any tagged individuals do not count as words towards the 30 word limit.
8. By entering this promotion the entrants expressly consent to the Promoter and its associated entities sending them marketing materials, including via electronic messages, relating to their products and services that may be of interest to them.
9. Multiple entries are not permitted.
10. Eligible Entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. No entries will be accepted after expiry of the Promotional Period.
11. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter, not the time of transmission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction affecting submission of the Eligible Entry, any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
12. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify, at its sole discretion, any entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. This includes but not limited to where an entrant uses multiple names or addresses to register multiple entries or acts in a disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
13. Entrants confirm and warrant that (a) the entry is his/her original work; (b) he/she is the copyright owner of all copyright works and subject matter comprising the entry; (c) he/she has full power and authority to enter into this Promotion; (d) the entry does not breach any intellectual property, privacy, confidentiality or any other rights of a third party and hereby indemnifies the Promoter from and against any and all costs and damages incurred as a result of any breach of these warranties and these Promotion terms and conditions.
14. Entrants acknowledge that there may be inherent risks in some aspects of the Promotion or the prize and that participation in the Promotion or the prize may involve participating in dangerous activities. By entering this Promotion and/or accepting the prize, entrants accept that risk for themselves and for their companion(s) (if applicable).
Selection of the Winner
15. At the conclusion of the Promotion Period, each Eligible Entry will be judged on originality, inspirational and creative merits by a panel appointed by the Promoter (Panel). The top two Eligible Entries will be selected as winner of the Promotion by the Panel at the Promoter’s sole discretion (Winner) and each win a Prize. This is a competition of skill and chance plays no part in the determination of the Winner.
16. All entry processing, finalist shortlisting, vote qualification and judging co-ordination will take place at level 13, 80 Pacific Highway between 16 September 2018 and 23 September 2018
17. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these terms and conditions, the non-complying entry will be discarded and a new winner of the prize will be determined by selecting the next best ranking entry (as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion)
18. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. There are two prizes consisting of the following components: return economy class ex Australia airfare to LHR. The total prize pool is valued at up to AUD$13,764. (Prize)
20. Winners receive one of two award certificates
- Present your award certificate to Skiddoo to claim the ticket prize
- Use of this voucher is in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Cash will not be given for any unused balance
- Unused balance on expiry of this card will not be refunded or credited
- Terms and Conditions of Use
- Treat this award certificate like cash
- Defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen award certificates will not be replaced, refunded or redeemed.
- This award certificate is:
- Redeemable for one return economy airfare from Australia ports: SYD, MEL, BNE to London LHR;
- Not redeemable for cash. It has no cash value;
- must be redeemed by the expiry date shown (1 October 2019);
- Will be void and not be redeemed after expiry date;
- Does not include applicable taxes and fees;
- Valid for three (3) months from the date of first departure;
- Subject to availability on the selected travel dates;
- Not valid for travel on the peak months of December and January
- Any extension in the validity of the award certificate and/or ticket is not permitted
- In any event, award certificates expire 12 months from date of issue
- Cash will not be given for any unused balance
- Unused balance on the expiry of this award certificate will not be reduned or credited
- You are liable for all transactions with your award certificate
- We reserve the right to change any terms contained on these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time
- Changes to Terms and Conditions of Use will be available on our website
- Ticketing service powered by Philippine Airlines, Inc (PAL) ABN 85 007 501 082
- If a prize includes vouchers, the vouchers can only be redeemed at Skiddoo and are only valid until the voucher expiry date specified on the voucher or by the provider, and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not be liable for any voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
- Any alterations or extensions to confirmed prize details must be approved in advance by the Promoter (at its sole discretion) and will be at the expense of the winner.
- The Promoter is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of a travel prize and any costs incurred by the winner or any travelling companion(s) as a result (including accommodation costs) will be the responsibility of the winner.
- Use of the voucher is subject to the Terms and Conditions of Use set out below:
- Defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen voucher will not be replaced, refunded or redeemed;
- Cash will not be given for any unused balance;
- Unused balance on expiry of this voucher will not be refunded or credited;
- Not redeemable for cash;
- Must be redeemed by the expiry date shown (1 October 2019);
- Will be void and not be redeemed after expiry date;
- Cannot be reloaded (i.e. the value cannot be increased or added to);
- In any event, the voucher expire 12 months from date of issue;
- The winners are liable for all transactions on their vouchers;
- Contact the voucher issuer help desk for any issues in relation to the voucher;
- Ticketing service powered by Philippine Airlines, Inc. (PAL) ABN 85 007 501 082
- The Promoter reserves the right to change any terms contained on these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time without notice. Changes to Terms and Conditions of Use will be available on the Promoter’s website or at participating Store.
- The Promoter is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of a purchase made with the voucher and any costs incurred by the winner or any travelling companion(s) as a result.
- The Prize must be redeemed and booked with Skiddoo customer service within 12 months from date of issue. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize cannot be redeemed on www.skiddoo.com.au and must be booked by calling 1300754336
- The Winner is responsible for any amendment fees issued by the airlines or suppliers once the Prize is utilised and their booking is confirmed and ticketed.
- Tickets are subject to availability and travel during peak periods may be restricted. This includes, but is not limited to December and January, school holidays and the Christmas/New Year period.
- Frequent Flyer points cannot be accrued as part of this prize and prize winner tickets cannot be upgraded using frequent flyer points, or by payment.
- If the Winner determines that travel insurance or a visa is required, they will be responsible for arranging and paying for such travel insurance or visa.
- Any additional payments by credit card may incur a surcharge.
- For bookings made using the Prize, the Winner and any companion(s) must ensure that they have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports (if required) and visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at the destination. If the Winner or their guest/s is refused departure from Australia or entry into the relevant destination, they will forfeit the Prize and no substitute or compensation will be offered.
21. The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash or other goods or services. Any unused portion of the Prize is not redeemable for cash.
22. The following costs are the responsibilities of the Winner: travel costs to and from airports, travel insurance, accommodation, excess baggage, meals and all other travel related expenses]. Lounge access and chauffer service are not included in this Prize.
23.Tickets cannot be reissued for change of destination or date change.
24. If a Prize (or any part of a Prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter will, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of no lesser retail value and/or specification, subject to the approval of the authorities that have issued permits for the conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by the Winner or any other party if a Prize (or any part of a Prize) is unavailable for any reason.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow the Winner to take part in any or all aspects of the Prize, if the Promoter determines, in its absolute discretion, that the Winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely utilise the Prize.
26. The Winner is advised that tax implications may arise from them winning a Prize and they should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting the Prize.
27. Once a Prize (or any part of a Prize) has left the Promoter/Supplier’s premises, the Promoter and the relevant parties will not be responsible for any delay in delivery or loss of damage of the Prize (or part of the Prize).
28. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Winner does not take the Prize or an element of the Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, the Prize or that element of the Prize will be deemed forfeited and abandoned by the Winner.
29. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers.
30. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety conditions or any other conditions that may exist at any destination.
Notification of the winner
31. The Winner shall be notified the week of 24 September 2018 by Facebook or Instagram direct message.
32.The Winner will be published using their first initial, surname and postcode on the Skiddoo official AU Facebook page on week of 5 October 2018.
33. Prize must be claimed by 1 October 2019 (Prize Claim Date) in accordance with any claim instructions specified by the Promoter.
34. If a prize is not accepted or claimed by the Prize Claim Date, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the winner will be deemed to have forfeited and abandoned the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right to distribute the unclaimed prizes in accordance with the unclaimed prize arrangements specified by the Promoter, subject to any directions given by any relevant authority.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
35. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, postpone, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion.
36. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
Entry details and privacy
37. All entries will be the property of the Promoter and will not be returned. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry.
38. By submitting an entry to the Promotion, each entrant agrees to assign all rights in the entry to the Promoter and consents to the Promoter using the entry in any manner the Promoter wishes (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all), by way of all media, without payment to the entrant (of royalties, compensation or otherwise). By submitting an entry, each entrant consents to any dealings with the entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights in the entry. The Promoter may copy any content submitted as part of an entry, cause the content to be seen and/or heard in public, and communicate the content to the public. It may also allow third parties to do these things.
39. By submitting an entry to the Promotion, each entrant releases the Promoter, its related entities and third parties involved in the promotion from any and all liability arising from or in relation to its use of the entry in their present or any altered form. Each entrant understands that he/she will not have any right to inspect or approve the finished entry or the manner in which the Promoter may use them.
40. The Promoter will collect personal information of each entrant as part of this promotion and may use this information anywhere in the world for the purposes of conducting this promotion and awarding any prizes (including disclosing entrants’ information with third parties involved in the promotion, affiliates of the Promoter and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing and promotional activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit www.skiddoo.com.au to obtain a copy.